Sponsorship Coordination Centers to start operating in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - During the coronavirus pandemic, the Government is taking measures to address the targeted delivery of charitable funds to those in need in accordance with appropriate sanitary and hygienic requirements.
In accordance with the decision of the next meeting of the Republican special commission, the following was established:
- On the part of the Ministry for the Support of the Mahalla and Family, as well as khokimiyats: sponsorship coordination centers will be organized to assist in the targeted delivery of charitable assistance to needy people
- for charitable purposes, a list of single elderly people in need of social protection (single mothers, disabled people, unemployed citizens, people deprived of permanent income due to quarantine, etc.) and low-income families will be compiled.
- Sponsorship Coordination Center: forms a list of volunteers from among those who voluntarily wish to participate in charitable activities;
- introduces a person who wants to provide charity help according to the statement with the total number of people in need, based on the amount of charity, recommends people who need help;
- It is recommended to transfer funds in the form of monetary funds to the public fund “Mer-shafgat wa salomatlik” (Charity and health);
- provides information on the plastic card numbers of the relevant persons in cases where the sponsor wishes to donate funds directly to needy families;
- in the case of the provision of cash, organizes the purchase of food, medicine, etc .;
- accepts charity in the form of food, medicine, etc .;
- organizes the storage of charitable assistance in accordance with sanitary and hygienic requirements until their delivery;
- donated or purchased food, medicine, etc. checked for compliance with sanitary and hygienic requirements;
- the property corresponding to sanitary and hygienic requirements is delivered to those in need of strict observance of quarantine requirements (at the request of the donor, he can participate in this process);
- at the request of the donor provides him with information on the delivery of property to needy persons;
On the territory of Uzexpocenter, the Center for the Coordination of Sponsorship Activities will be located and a special media pool for bloggers and journalists will be created to ensure transparency;
Information about the centers (phone numbers, responsible persons, location, etc.) will be distributed to the general public through the media, social networks and television. Donations from sponsors (with their consent) will be widely publicized.