The number of foreign tourists visiting Uzbekistan exceeds 1.88 million people
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 30 June 2022, a press conference was held in the building of the Agency for Information and Mass Communications on the work done by the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Heritage.
The press conference was attended by Deputy Minister of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Botir Shahriyorov, heads of departments of the Central Office of the Ministry, State Unitary Enterprises and media representatives.
In his speech, the Deputy Minister gave detailed information on the ongoing work to improve the regulatory framework of the industry, support for business entities operating in the field of tourism, strengthening human resources and attracting investments, as well as the achieved indicators.
“In 2021, the number of foreign tourists visiting Uzbekistan reached 1,881,345 people, and the export of tourism services reached US$422.1 million. After the pandemic, special attention was paid to the restoration of domestic tourism and the organization of systemic trips for the population. According to statistics, in 2021, the number of trips of the population outside the regions, namely the city of Tashkent, the Republic of Karakalpakstan amounted to about 6 million people," Shakhriyarov said.
According to the information provided during the press conference, 133 new hotels (3,384 rooms) and 210 hostels (1,946 rooms) were created in the regions, the total number of accommodation facilities reached 1,442, and the number of places in them - 71,247.
To connect to the Internet at tourist sites, 702 Wi-Fi points have been created this year, their number in the republic has reached 3450 units.
In addition, a total of 1,747 tourist road signs were installed at the beginning of the year to improve tourism infrastructure and ensure the correct movement of tourist passengers to their intended destination, of which 437 were installed during 2021.
1,096 family guest houses (3,952 rooms) were created, bringing their total number to 2,458 and 21,018 beds.
As a result of the creation of 137 new organizations providing services to tourists, their number increased to 1,483.
Throughout the country, 1,502 sanitary and hygienic points were built and repaired at tourist sites, gas stations for all types of vehicles, on highways and in settlements.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS ENTITIES CARRYING OUT ACTIVITIES IN THE SPHERE OF TOURISM:
- 58 tour operators and guides received a grant of 510.0 million soums for the development and promotion of new tourism products and destinations;
- 4.1 billion was allocated to 97 accommodation facilities to cover part of the cost of services;
To cover part of the cost of traveling around Uzbekistan, 52 entrepreneurs received subsidies in the amount of 451.6 million soums.
- a subsidy of US$26,415 for each tourist served by tour operators;
- to partially cover the costs of tour operators for air and railway tickets, a subsidy in the amount of $102.9 million soums;
- 3 entrepreneurs were given a subsidy in the amount of 1.2 billion soums for the costs of reconstructing and strengthening the material and technical base of hotels, as well as for obtaining a category (star);
- initiators of 4 projects on organizing services in thematic catering establishments, food products, as well as the supply of souvenirs were allocated grant funds in the amount of 281.0 million soums;
- in order to support entrepreneurs who built new hotels, 33.3 billion soums were provided to 9 investors, as well as a subsidy in the amount of US$52,400 to one of them on the basis of an organization franchising agreement;
In order to support promising start-up projects (Smart tourism) and innovative business ideas in the field of tourism, the competition “Tourism. The path to innovation. According to the results of the competition, 12 winners received 1.5 billion soums.
INVESTMENTS IN THE SPHERE OF TOURISM:
In 2021, the total value of all investment projects in the tourism sector amounted to 6.9 trillion soums (of which 3.5 trillion soums are accounts of initiators, bank loans - 737.5 billion soums, foreign investments - US$238.7 million, foreign credit lines – US$15.6 million). By the end of the year, 490 projects will be implemented and 6,850 new jobs will be created.